Friday 24 May 2013

Homemade Chicken Soup for the Soul and things I've Pinned lately...

My last post outlined, in a nutshell, what I've been up to lately.
Or lack of apart from being excited about my pregnancy.

So as promised from one of the pictures as you've probably guessed it's the recipe for that delish chicken soup!

Ingredients

1 size 18 chicken *preferably free range
1 of each King Soup mix (or what ever you swear by) Hearty Veges and Chicken
1 Campbell's liquid chicken stock
4 measured cups of hot water
3 med sized red potatoes w/skin on, diced
1 leek sliced
1/2 grated turnip
1 med carrot, grated
2 tbsp rock salt and cracked pepper
1 crock pot on high heat

Step 1

Turn crock pot on and add in the water, chicken stock, soup mix and salt and pepper.
Stir then place the chicken in and cover
Allow to cook for 2 hours then combine all the veges and add in some extra salt.

*feel free to add as many veges as you like! My pot was small so I couldn't fit in broccoli, pumpkin and cauliflower.

Step 2

Leave the soup to cook for 2 1/2 hours and serve with sliced baguette and butter, easy as that!

*The soup does tend to thicken more if you feel it is too soupy to begin with. So leave it overnight and you'll notice the change in consistency and flavour!

From left to right.
Yummy wholesome veges! The chicken after cooking for two hours.
Adding in the veges.
The soup after sitting overnight, thicken and totally irresistible!

My mum taught me how to make this soup. It was so much fun making it with her too.
She's great with simple meals that pack a punch and I can't wait to teach my little one one day :-)

Also here's some pics that I pinned on my Pinterest account the last week


Yummy sugar and cinnamon pancakes!

Love the simplicity of the makeup with a standout orange pout

True words

Beautiful soft home decor

can't resist pinning a beautiful statement necklace!

So back on you my lovelies, do you have any great recipes that have been handed down that's you're 'never fail'?
And are any of you on Pinterest? If so, please give me a link to you're account and let's follow each other! :-)

Hope to hear from you!
Much love

XOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & reply to all comments, do please check back to see if I have replied to yours.
Thank you ❤