Friday 19 July 2013

Benefit Makeup Haul

This week I finally had the pleasure of visiting the Benefit counter at Smith and Caughey's in Auckland City with a complete makeup makeover in mind.
And makeover I did!

In previous posts I've been using M.A.C products and with all the changes I've been going through lately, especially with my skin, M.A.C unfortunately hasn't been bringing out the best in my skins natural glow and matching against my complexion.
The Pro Longwear Foundation which I swore by for 'easy absorption' and light weight 'un-cakey' consistency has been far from it since my second trimester hit!
Although M.A.C's eye shadows, blush and lipsticks are still amazing, I just simply don't my skin agrees to their 'industrial grade' foundation anymore, a realisation I'm glad I came to!


A few weeks ago my friend Samara and I stopped by the Benefit counter, asked plenty of questions and tried a few products that we wanted; mine especially was the "Hello Flawless" Collection and was recommended the "How To Look The Best at Everything' makeup kit which includes:

  • POREfessional primer
  • Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow in Light
  • Boi-ing Concealer in 01 and 02
  • Hello Flawless powder in 'Me Vain' champagne
  • Powder brush included which I must say is as soft as a baby's bottom!


I liked the idea of the kit as transitioning into a new makeup brand I really didn't want to jump the gun and purchase the larger products in case it didn't end up working for me.
The cost of this was quite affordable at NZD$57, well at least I thought it was quite well price as I don't wear makeup very often :P

Such a pretty box layout! You can even remove the packaging and keep the box as a keep sake :-)
The makeup girl applied all of the above products on me before I made my purchase and I was quite amazed at how light weight and natural it looked!!!
The foundation, however, she applied firstly was a shade lighter as the kit only comes in two shades and the one I brought was the lightest (obviously the next shade up would be too dark).
So I took my chances with purchasing the kit, I will be back for the lighter shade for sure!

Mirror included in the box set along with 'tips & tricks'
In the mean time I'm gonna leave my post here until I've really tried and tested this product thoroughly for myself and with my application techniques :-)

Wish me luck!

Love this box set! It's absolutely gorge!!!
XOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & reply to all comments, do please check back to see if I have replied to yours.
Thank you ❤