Thursday 22 August 2013

And baby is a.......

I have a huuuuggee announcement to make!!!

We went for our baby's anatomy scan yesterday and found out, not only how fast little bug is growing and is happy and healthy but also that little buggy is a GIRL!!!

Yes, we are having a beautiful baby girl in early January 2014 and are absolutely stoked!


An excuse to buy pretty girly things YAY!
It's the funniest thing cause Andrei and I thought we were having a boy for months!
And most of our family and friends thought we were too.
We put a bet on the night before and made a list of how many people thought baby was a boy or girl and we were to do a draw and the first person to be pulled out who guessed right got a prize!

But because only 5 people thought we were having a girl I think I may just treat all of them!

I cannot begin to say how delighted we both are and how much it's changed the whole pregnancy!
I feel a lot more feminine than I did when I thought we were having a boy, it's a lovely feeling :-)

Were both so in love and after the scan was over I was just casually having my conversations with my tummy and told baby about the name we had chosen for her. I received no response, but when I mentioned a different name she just would not stop kicking and doing back flips it was the sweetest thing!

So a name is definitely settled, but it's my little secret until our friends know at the baby shower in a few weeks ;-)

I can't wait to properly meet her, but I love having her growing in my belly and getting to know her little habits and what soothes her and what gets her up and going.
She's such an active little thing! Constantly kicking and moving about, but she's very lovely and is starting to develop sleeping pattern during the night (she was a night owl for ages) and I've found out that warm showers soothe her too.

A few hours before I was due to go for the scan.
Taken on my Instagram account, my fave photo of baby girl fist pumping!


So yeah, after weeks of waiting to find out we finally know, and it's such a relief cause now we can go buy some baby clothes!
I'm planning a few weekends with friends to browse around, it's so exciting!
Cute little dresses, shoes, accessories and I'll be browsing for a baby bracelet!

As soon as I go on maternity leave I'll be designing my new tattoo to get after I've finished breast feeding. I'm so excited, I'm going to do Matryoshka dolls as little buggy will be half Kiwi (from me) and half Russian (from her dad).


Andrei and I will be going out to celebrate this weekend, hopefully at this cool new dessert restaurant in town called Milse (pronounced Mill-say), but I'll tell you about that later....

How far along? 21 weeks!

Total weight gain/loss? Still at 63kg.

Maternity clothes? Still nothing. I can still fit my size 10 jeans with a belly belt.

Stretch marks? Nope.

Symptoms: Baby brain hahaha! I've almost fallen over myself a few times and keep dropping things!

Sleep: Sleep is still great.

Best moment this week: Seeing how much my beautiful baby has grown and knowing the sex!

Told family and friends? Yes :-)

Miss anything? Being able to complete simple tasks in a timely manner at work than taking forever to do them! Pregnancy, it slows you down.

Movements? Yes!!! Kicking, stretching and rolling. I love it :-)

Food cravings? Still tomatoes, mango's and kiwis. Also chocolate yogurt.

Starting to show? Yes indeed :-)

Happy or moody most of the time? Happy!!!

Exercising? Managed the gym once a week, but I think being on my feet at work will compensate for my lack of gym time!

Baby is a: GIRL!!!!

Belly button in or out: In.

Names? Yes! I won't announce anything till I'm ready.

Looking forward to: Getting in some baby shopping :D 



XOXOX

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog because you commented on annasaccone.
    Congratulations!
    I loved being pregnant. How can you stop yourself from buying some sexy maternity wear? I know, I know you do not really need it yet...
    I have a 7 months old son now so I am still new at this mommy business but I love it!

    xoxo
    Eszter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      There's so many gorgeous maternity wear out there that I can't wait to get my hands on, it's all so exciting!
      Congrats on you're baby, I can't wait to get started :-)

      xx

      Delete

I read & reply to all comments, do please check back to see if I have replied to yours.
Thank you ❤