Wednesday 7 August 2013

Benefit VS M.A.C

"San Francisco's best known makeup brand specializes in cute names that spell out what it's products are supposed to do and Benefit's new generation formula's are effective. This foundation is one of the best I've tested lately and with nine shades you wont struggle to find a colour match.
It glides on easily with a hydrating texture that provides good, lasting coverage and the bonus of SPF 25" - Janetta Mackay, NZ Hearald on Benefits Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation.

Couldn't agree more.

Sorry about the long wait! But since my last post which outlined my purchase of the 'How To Look The Best At Everything' makeup kit, I've been met with glowing, flawless skin which on the plus side feels smooth, and incredibly lightweight!

Here today my friends is my 101 on the kit :-) 


1: POREfessional Primer / 2: Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation / 3: Boi~ing concealer / 4: Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow powder / 5: Swiping brush

  • POREfessional Primer
This little beauty is sheer gold!
It fills in fine lines and pores (obviously) so when I apply my makeup it glides on smoothly and gives me better coverage.
I apply a very small amount to my forehead, chin, cheeks and nose. The final result, my skin feels like silk and my pores are noticeably smaller :-)

  • Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation 'Cheers to Me' Champagne
The highly talked about foundation is exactly as it is per the review above.
It's hydrating and feels nourishing on you're skin.
It also has a skin brightener added to the formula so you're skin is literally left GLOWING and looking B E A UTIFUL without the added heaviness and looking like you've gone shades darker or making you look like you've made serious contact with a cake!
Another plus, it has SPF25 locked and loaded to take on the suns harsh rays and it's so easily absorbed that when I applied it a little more for extra coverage it still felt like I wasn't wearing makeup.
Despite it not being the right shade for me (I'm supposed to have 'Ivory') it looked pretty damn close to it!
The pic below was taken just as the sun shone through, but it's pretty much how it looks anyway.

Benefit's result. Makes my skin look amazeballs lol!
  • Boi~ing Concealer in 01 and 02
I've been in need of a good concealer for a long time!
Trying to match this was a bit of a mission as the foundation I was using wasn't my right shade so I ended up blending the two together to get the right tone so it didn't look obvious.
What can I say, it has fantastic coverage! And it even made my eyes look brighter as if a highlighter was sued plus it got rid of my dark under eye circles :-)
I love it, but I think I'll find better results with my true foundation match as it was quite a mission to blend both to get the right tone.

  • Hello Flawless 'Me Vain' Champagne powder
I would definitely say that not only can you use this to set you're foundation but you can also use this by itself over a primer.
It brightens skin, has a silky lightweight finish and just makes the whole look I was aiming for complete and....well...flawless!
This also sets perfectly so fine lines and pores are incredibly unnoticeable.

Wearing no makeup. My skin has cleared up dramatically since my healthy cravings kicked in! 
So yeah, my skin looked way worse than this...
  
 
M.A.C result 

So now that you've seen my Benefit verdict, here's my M.A.C 101....

  • M.A.C Pro Longwear Foundation NW20
"A comfortable, long-wearing foundation that gives up to 15 hours of wear in any environmental condition. Lightweight and creamy, applies and blends easily leaving the skin feeling soft and free to breathe all day while controlling oil. Specially treated micronized pigments help give a smoother, more flawless, natural finish with stay-true colour."

 
            

 
 I may have that more when I started using it. But in saying that now with all the changes I'm going through I'm not exactly finding it as easily absorbed as it once was.
Today I find it still lightweight, stay true to colour and blendable as I apply it, but after I've used concealer and finished off with a powder I find (and feel) that the Pro Longwear sits like a cake on my face, and after a few hours my face feels greasy and I have to cleanse my face a few times before it's completely removed!
Plus I'm finding it makes my fine lines and pores more prominent and it's just not doing the trick for me anymore, thank goodness there isn't much left of the bottle!
I'll save some till after I've had my baby and see how I d, but so far Benefit's Hello Flawless is giving me what I need, sorry M.A.C I think this is where my relationship with you're foundations end.

So that's really it. I'd say I'm about 99.9% Benefit Cosmetic converted!
But just a word to the people that still love M.A.C foundations, this is just one opinion if M.A.C works for you then by all means keep using it! It is a world renown brand afterall :-)

Next on my Benefit purchase list is more POREfessional primer, Fakeup concealer and 'They're Real' mascara!

XOXOX
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & reply to all comments, do please check back to see if I have replied to yours.
Thank you ❤